Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Close Family


Since I was 3 years old, I have had at least 1 extended family member living under my roof. My cousin, Lyndsey lived with me when she was in high school, because she didn't want to change high schools when her parents moved to Kansas. It was like having a permanent babysitter living with us, and it was fun!
My grandpa Jim moved in with us in 1999, and still lives with us today. He lives in the basement, and he's a really great guy, and its fun to always have a helping friend in the comfort of your own home.

3 years ago, Lyndsey's brother, Blake, moved in with us over the summer after he graduated from college in order to save up some money to move to Texas. He was really into basketball, and he sort of became my private instructor on how to perfect my game. He was really dowm to earth and he always joked around with my sister and I.

Last year, a foreign exchange student from South Korea moved in with us for the school year. Lynn was really intelligent and she taught my sister and I Korean. She traveled everywhere with us, and she always had a smile on her face.

As for now....my cousin, Spenser from Nebraska, moved in this very night. He graduated from high school yesterday, and he came down here to get away from the country life, and get a head start working for my parent's business to help prepare him for college. He wants to be a business major and become an accountant. I've never really got the chance to ever know him since he lives so far away, and because there is a pretty big age gap. He is also very quiet, or so I thought. But tonight he was all hyper and we played eachother in basketball, ate some Andy's ice cream, and I also had the chance to beat his butt in Wii.
I think we have an interesting summer ahead of us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah well all you got to remember is get them behind ther claws so they wont spaz and get you....