Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hummingbirds


Hummingbirds
The Hummingbird is cute and tiny;Sometimes his wings look very shiny.His beak is long and comes to a point;And in it you won't find a joint.He's stays around the feeder, and protects his food;He's sometimes aggressive, with alot of attitude.A humming sound, he seems to mutter;His wings are so fast, you might see them flutter.He'll go from flower, to feeder, to flower;He'll fly through a water mist, to take his shower.A brand new feeder, he has found;One he can eat from, and buzz all around.At the end of the summer, you must fly away;But I know you'll be back, again someday.© Copyright 2000=2003 Sylvia Finegan


I really enjoyed doing the think aloud poems in class.We had a few people who were very creative on its interpretation.I thought of it as a game of chase.This poem I posted is just for you to think about.I put it on for the imagery and it is very cute in my opinion.My mom has a HUGE fetish with hummingbirds.She saw one yesterday and she is now going to put out all her feeders.

hummingbirds mean summer.

No comments: