Friday, May 18, 2007

True Love


When reading scene one of act 4 I could not help but wounder why Juliet would go as far as taking her own life like she had threatened to do. But then it hit me Juliet's love for Romeo was really true love. She loved him so much that she would rather die than be with some one else. That is really strong.
I do not think that I would ever take my life just because I could not be with my only true love. But this is not a true story, this is a play. And at times plays can be unrealistic.
What do you think? Would you die if you could not be with your only true love?

3 comments:

braven gilmore girl said...

i completely agree with you! i am really enjoying the anticipation of what is going to happen next.

hi my name is.... said...

I probably wouldn't take my own life, but I know I would have the hardest time if I could not be with them. But I cant see how she feels because she really doesn't love the guy she has to marry. It isn't really fair to her.

SpottyC said...

Yeah, I did a post on Song of Solomon and it talks about how strong true love is. I really felt one of those feelings when you say thats not odd, thats God because in my chronological Bible I am reading the Bible's love chapter, Song of Solomon, while we are reading Romeo and Juliet. I don't choose which chapter of the Bible I read because in this one they are put on order in the dates of which the Bible events actually happened so I was totally suprised that I ended up reading two love stories at one time.