Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Town Gossip




In chapter 24, I liked how all the ladies got together and pretty much gossiped about the town and towns people. I also found that it was funny how they did not seem to stop chatting. Scout was really trying hard to keep up with their conversations, but she had a very hard time and ended up giving up. I liked the picture on the right because
the story starts with one person and every one
else turns around and tells their neighbor.
Until it all comes back to the lady who
originally started the whole thing.
That is how I felt the ladies in the story were.
They would turn to their neighbors and say somthing
like, "The poverty. . . the darkness. . .the
immortality-- nobody but J. Grimes Everett."
They sounded like chickens that could
not stop talking.
When Atticus came in so early and was white
I figured that there was something wrong
but never suspected that it was because of Tom.
I really don't understand why Tom ran
away.
I really could not put the book down and
really wish I knew why Tom ran and
why Boo stays in his house and why Mayella
did not confess what really happened.
Well those are my questions I cannot wait to finish
the book.

2 comments:

BlondeC8 said...

Your post reminds me of the movie the music man and the song called pick a little talk a little and it is about ladies gossiping.In the song the say cheap cheap cheap which in both of our opinions make them sound like chickens.

SpottyC said...

Wow both of you guys have great connections with this book. It was kind of funny how all the ladies were gossiping. It makes me mad because these ladies are being so mean. Gossip is kind of like a chain reaction. For example in Biology the chicken project really got on my nerves in class. One of the chicks would start chirping and then all of the rest would gradually be pulled into the annoying chorus. This reminds me of gossip.