Friday, March 23, 2007

BOO I Scared you! haha!

I loved the end of the book. The whole story I wondered what would happen to Boo. During a point in the book it kinda just left Boo out, and we were left wondering about him. I don't like how that happened, but it kept me wanting to know more in till I could figure out what happened to him. I agree with Ms. James when she said that she loved the ending of the book when Scout was standing on Boo's porch, telling the view of the neighborhood. I think it was an awesome way to end the book. It reflected back on the whole story. I thought it tied everything up, and was great writing by Harper Lee. He is a wonderful writer, and there are so many things I think he wanted to get out by this book.

Sometimes people are more comfortable with a stereotype than than the
truth.

This book proved this. Everyone thought that Boo was a criminal, and unsafe. Mothers were scared for children to be even close to his house. Isn't it Ironic that such a "criminal" saved two kids lives? Hm? Then, Mr. Tate, didn't want to tell the town what actually happened cause he didn't want people going around bringing him "angle food cakes" to his door. "It would be a sin." Mr. Tate was not wanting Boo's stereotype to change.

However, I think at some point or another it would come out because of how little the town was. Also, I think Scout will be the first to tell everyone about it. I think that eventually Boo wouldn't be known as the "criminal," but as a town hero!

No comments: