Sunday, March 18, 2007

Let Freedom Ring!


I find it so hard to believe that at one time in our country all people were not treated equally. The United States of America was supposed to be a place of freedom. However that freedom did not apply to all people. I find it sad that in "To Kill A Mockingbird" it was unacceptable for Tom to say that he felt sorry for Mayella, a white woman. Tom was harshly critized for just stating his opinion. All he was doing was answering his question honestly. I think that many of us, including myself, take freedom for granted. We have so many rights such as freedom of speech that many people only dream that they could have. We are all so spoiled with these rights that we just forget to be thankful for them.

3 comments:

piNkpwranger44 said...

I find that hard to believe too that not everyone was treated equally. I know it has gotten a lot better, but i also know that not everyone is even equal now, but it has gotten better in my opinion...do you agree?

ohiogirl592 said...

I totally agree that it has gotten a lot better. The seperation between races isn't as big of a deal as it was it the past.

BlondeC8 said...

I know I take my freedom for granted sometimes think of all the people who are being persecuted for what they belive in.It is just sad to think my ancestors owned slaves and made them to harsh labor.