Monday, March 19, 2007

He Gone Got Himself Drunk...On Coca-cola(o'course)


The trial scene groes more and more intense, and we find oursleves outside of the courtroom when Dill becomes emotional. Mr. Dolphus Raymond sooned joined Scout and Dill with his alcohol coca-cola in a brown paper sack. To their surprise, along with mine, he lets Dill have a sip of his intoxicated drink! Soon to find out that Raymond only tries to make the town assume he's a drunk, opposed to just being a wealthy civilian enjoying a nice soda pop. Why would one deliberately do this, and purposely get ridiculed?
In my eyes, he is a very smart man, who really sees the good in people. He sees people for what they truly are, and he likes to have them make false assumptions about him just to fulfill his odd happiness. He really is a great character, even though he is only included in the story briefly!
P.S. I finished the book and it is Amazing!!! =)





3 comments:

BlondeC8 said...

I like your post!!I love your hearts and your text style!This part was really surprising to me!I htought he did this because he was afraid to get hurt by others or maybe he just didn't care and didn't want people to bother him about it and pretending to drink would give people a reason and then they wouldn't bother him.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Yeah! I totally agree! I think that he just looked for something to do in order to make others think he was disturbed and it wasn't his fault he was the way he was. Geez, that sounds confusing!

Clayton Bigsby said...

Yeah it is confusing