Friday, March 23, 2007

Family Feud


"We often don't fully appreciate those we are closest to."
I can totally relate to this and I think "To Kill A Mockingbird" also relates to this. Jem and Scout didn't really appreciate Atticus. They would always just complain about how old he is and how there is nothing special about him. Later on in the book they realized that Atticus really has a lot going for him and that he is someone to look up to! I think that most people including myself don't appreciate their family enough. We all fight with our families and we sometimes get tired of each other because we spend so much of our time with them. Usually we don't realize how much we appreciate them until you see how lucky you are or until they are gone. For example when I see kids who's parents don't pay a lot of attention to them or don't seem to care about them, I really appreciate my parents for loving me and showing they care! I think it is just human nature to not appreciate those you are closest to, including your family.

1 comment:

peanutbutterisyummy said...

I can definitly relate because I feel that sometimes I don't appreciate my parents because I'm with them so much and I don't agree with them sometimes. But then I realize how much they provide for me and I try to appreciate them as much as I can.