Sunday, April 22, 2007

Movies are a big help


Watching Romeo and Juliet in the modernized version movie really helped a lot. I really enjoyed watching it for one thing but it also explained things to me in a much simpler way. I don't think I would know what is going on in the book if I hadn't watched the movie or read no fear Shakespeare. It is nice to have some resources to go to if you don't always understand the text. I hope that I will continue to like Romeo and Juliet like I am liking it now. I am finally feeling like I am getting the hang of their "language." Hope everyone had a great weekend and see everyone Monday!

1 comment:

peanutbutterisyummy said...

I felt like I understood Romeo and Juliet, too, when we watched the movie, and No Fear Shakespeare has been a lot of help, but I still have trouble understanding the original text! It's just a lot easier to read the modern version.