Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dancing!!

Oh my gosh the dancing we did yesterday and today was so much fun!! It is really hard to believe how much dancing has changed from that time period till now. My favorite part was the little kicking thing at the end. Well anyways, I read Act II Scene 1 and 2 last night and they were so good. I would have to agree with Ms. James that the balcony scene by far has been the best scene. The poetry was absolutely beautiful. I loved it. I can't wait to watch that part on the movie and read it in class so I can understand it even more. Romeo and Juliet is just getting better and better as I read more. Oh yes and how I could I forget the Starburst commercials were hilarious. I loved watcing them. Thanks so much super women for sharing those with us. It was a lot of fun.
So both of the movies have been really good so far. I personally have enjoyed the older one better because it is more believeable. During the Capulet ball in the newer film, the costumes that characters wore made it a lot easier to be able to depict the good from the bad. They had Tybalt dressed as a devil, Romeo dressed as a knight and then Juliet dressed as an angel. Those costumes were all perfect for those characters. The whole thing with the pill during Mercutio's speech and the other extra little things they added in I felt didn't really help me understand the play any better. And having Mercutio as a cross dresser, I had no clue what to think about that. I never pictured him as being like that so it kind of messed up the image I had of him. I don't think Shakespeare would like the newer version very much because I feel a lot of the stuff they added or changed took away from the story. Also, with it being in modern times and all with them still speaking in Shakespearean I felt they were kind of making fun of it the play. I am really excited to read on and watch more of the movie to find out what will happen next.



1 comment:

Boot said...

O gese!! I had so much fun with the dancing too!! The balcony scene was totally amazing!! I thought that the Starburst things were funny too!