Friday, April 27, 2007

Out of the Darkness

Darkness consumed the last beam of light like a hungry beast.
We crawled on our hands and knees, wincing at the scratches illuminated by our flash lights as the jagged rocks dug into our skin.
Relief fills my soul like water filling a glass.
Sliding onto a small tunnel
The thick, paste, of mud oozed between our fingers as strong soldiers army crawled through the narrow passage.
Claustrophobia takes over my mind like an evil drug.
I push fear aside and keep going.
The cool mess tangles my hair and covers my face.
The cave's mouth opens wide and spits us out.
Our eyes squint and adjust to the sun.
We burst out in laughter, hysterically rolling on the ground.
Each one of us is caked in mud from head to toe.
Our ponytails stick out wildly in all different directions.
Click, a memory of coming out of the darkness will never be forgotten.

No comments: