Friday, April 27, 2007

Not Quite As Good As Shakespeare

TOTALLY TRAPPED
I sit on the floor rolled into a ball
As I hear the guard outside my cell chuckling into thin air.
I gaze into the dead eyes of my Barbie, who is my only companion.
I look up at my mom, whose face is hidden behind the little lens of the obsolete camera,
As if documenting my every movement within these bars
With each random burst of blinding light.
I beg and I mooch to abandon this place.

I come back to reality, hearing my mischievous sister's laughter.
The rusting cage around me appears to be closing in around me,
Like a boa getting ready to squeeze its prey.
After continuous minutes of pleading, my sister smiles as if she has just won a race
And she lifts the cage, after being trapped for an eternity,
Off of the living room floor and I bolt to my feet,
Alleviated to be out in the open once again.

Okay, this is not as great as the poetry in Romeo & Juliet, but it is a work in progress. Please let me know what you think I should revise. Do I use enough Poetic Devices? Senses? Vocabulary? I would greatly appreciate it if you would take some time to help my poem be the best that it can be! =) Thanks, and have a great weekend! P.S. I'll be sure to scan my picture for my poem on this post over the weekend!

1 comment:

Boot said...

I thought it was really good and you used all of the above that you asked for!! It was really cute and very well writen!