Sunday, April 22, 2007

Romeo and Juliet (the movies)


So Romeo and Juliet finally met. The play ia actually starting to get exciting now. I can't wait to read on and see how their love story unfolds. Both of the movies we watched were really good although very different. They helped me understand the story a whole lot better since I could see everything for myself. I actually liked the older version a lot better because the newer version I felt was kind of making fun of Shakespeare. If they would have used modern speech it would have been a lot better. Yeah the cross dresser Mercutio was really creepy. I feel the older version helped me understand the play even better because it took place in the real time period Shakespeare meant for the play to be in. Shakespeare is becoming easier and easier for me to read. I can actually understand most of the time what they are talking about. I'm really looking forward to reading more this week. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Is everyone excitied about dancing tomorrow?? Well see you then!!

2 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

The more I read Romeo& Juliet, the more interested I become,and the more I understand it! I really have found reading out loud in class and then discussing the literature really helps me understand better too. I cannot wait to see what is yet to take place!!

SpottyC said...

I can't wait to get further into the book because it is finally starting to pick up the pace and get exciting.