Friday, April 27, 2007

Writing Poems


I actually had a lot of fun writing my poem last night. Usually I hate writing poetry and it is really hard for me but this time it didn't seem so bad. At first I was going to write about the show I did at Silver Dollar City this spring but then I decided to write about my favorite place in the world to vacation, the ocean. Because I love the ocean so much it wasn't hard at all to think of the things that I smell and hear when I am there. When I lived in Texas we used to go all the time to Galveston and swim and play in the Gulf of Mexico. It was a blast and I have so many wonderful memories from going there. We would build sand castles, get knocked down by waves, or search for sea shells. The only bad part was the nasty sea weed that was every where. Another fond memory I have of the ocean, is when I went on a cruise to the Bahamas when I was in 6th grade. The ocean was absolutley perfect. It was this gorgeous clear, crystal turquise. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The sand was also perfectly white and clean. While I was there, I drank the milk out of a coconut. Surprisingly, it was very yummy. My favorite part of the cruise was when my mom, dad, and I got to swim with dolphins. They were so cute except the water was really cold. I hope to venture back to the ocean some day. I miss it so much. It is the one place I feel completely at peace. I don't even know what words to use to describe it.
So this weekend we have to revise our poems. It is going to be very difficult for me to find things to change because I am so happy with how my poem turned out. I hope I can find some good ways to use some poetic devices that our not cheesy. The revising stage is always the most difficult step for me in all writing. Well I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Have fun working on your poems!!!

No comments: