Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Reading out loud


I don't know why, but reading Romeo and Juliet out loud is really helping me understand it. When i read it alone it seems monotone and flat, but when its read out loud I really get the meaning of the words and who is saying them. I thought today's scene really potrayed juliet's parents as almost opposites who obviously don't love each other.


Lady Capulet is set in her ways and traditions. While Lord Capulet seems very modern and he seems to really care about his daughter being happy.


On another not I have abandoned multiple books lately so i'm needing some suggestions on what to read any ideas???

3 comments:

SpottyC said...

I love reading out loud too! It really helps me. Plus it makes it alot more fun to see all of the different characters portraited by our class! We have got some good actors and actresses. Speaking of actresses, I would have a hard time keeping a straight face seeing a guy be Juliet in costume. It was so stupid how they discriminated against girls like that.

braven gilmore girl said...

i agree being able to hear it said by other people has let me understand it more!

MR. CLEAN said...

I love reading outloud also,
i think that being able to hear other people playing the roles in the play makes it alot easier because im not doing it all on my own. also, the no fear shakespear website has really helped me understand what shakespear is trying to say if i read the modern text while others read the old time text aloud.