Thursday, April 5, 2007

books, books, books


I loved the end of To Kill a Mockingbird. It took me a while to figure it all out, but in the end i really came to appreciate Harper Lee's writing.


Recently I have started reading The Measure of a Man, I'm only 8 pages in but i heard it is really good. All that I know is that it is Sidney Poitier's "spritual autobiography". So far I have just read about his poor life in the bahamas, and how he thinks that the stimulation he recieved there was better then the bombarding we do to kids today through cartoons and t.v. and such. Well I have to go but I'll keep you posted on The Measure of a Man.

5 comments:

westham said...

I thought it was really cool that Sidney Poitier was the first Black American to win an Oscar. Pretty sweet stuff.

Eazy B said...

At first glance it looks like Bill Cosby.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m236/Bryce417/cosby.jpg

See!

BlondeC8 said...

This looks very interesting.I can't wait to hear about the plot!

koala said...

that is bill cosby!?!?

SpottyC said...

Wow, I didn't know that. Interesting stuff! I went to the Bahamas over break and it really is amazing, the conditions that these people live in. I saw alot of people who made their livings by selling seashells on the side of the road that they dove for. Some people sold paintings in little shacks they had made too.