Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Street Lawyer


I just read this great book. It is about a Lawyer who gave up millions to help homeless people. I read it this Spring break and it was captivating. I can't believe someone would give up something so much for so very little. It has a lot of lawyer stuff like To Kill a Mockingbird. That is part of the reason I read it. I can't believe how hard some big time lawyers work. They were putting in 80 hours a week. Though if they made partner they could make millions. Though they would miss out on a family.
What would you pick family or millions? I recommend this book to everyone here.

Happy Reading!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Karee said...

I would without a doubt pick family over money. I feel that family is way better because they can be there for you all the time but money comes and goes. You can also talk to family and they can talk back and give you advice. You can talk to money but you won't get any advice and people would think you were crazy.
~SUSIE

BlondeC8 said...

I think I would pick my family.This book sounds very inspiring it makes me want to do stuff for others and make a difference in the world.Although I don't think I would enjoy all the llegal stuff.

Eazy B said...

Millions. Then I could buy a family.



Yes, you CAN buy families btw.

westham said...

This is honestly a hard pick for me. While having money and success in life is essential, family is something more special and always comes first. When I thought of this book, it reminded me of the movie "Click."

Karee said...

Why would you want to buy a new family when you already have one?